Vacancy in HKSI
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:RESEARCH ASSISTANT (SPM)
Reporting to the Sport Psychologist, the Research Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- To collect references in the related study areas and conduct review reports;
- To prepare and EEG system (hardware and software) and ready for pirate study;
- To prepare data collection and analysis approaches for the research project;
- To assist in the application proposal of new research project; and
- To provide technical support in different sport psychology intervention/research project.
- Applicants should have completed their secondary education with at least 5 passes in HKCEE or 5 HKDSE subjects with at least Level 2 or equivalent, including English, Chinese and Mathematics;
- A university degree in sport psychology/ applied psychology or a relevant discipline is an advantage;
- A minimum of six months’ part-time experience in EEG & ERP research assistance. Experience in sport-based research would be an advantage;
- Familiar with EEG/ERP system operation and data collection/analysis, relevant research experience is an advantage;
- Good interpersonal and planning skills;
- Able to work irregular hours and perform under pressure;
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, Ability to speak Putonghua is an advantage;
- Knowledge in computer software application such as SPSS, Presentation/E-prime, Microsoft Excel and Word; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 3 December 2014. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20141120-RASPM in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER